Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Some thoughts on Peru

Before getting on the road, Peru was the country I was the most excited about visiting. Maybe that's why for me Peru was the biggest deception. 

I was not disappointed by the beauty of the country and the crazy nightlife in Cuzco. I probably spent the best days of this trip there... But the reason about my disapointment was to realize that Peru is by far the most touristy country in South America, which for me was very frustrating. 

For instance Machu Pichu is amazingly beautiful. But for a few minutes I thought I had arrived in Disneyland...

The food in Peru is a highlight. The country has probably the most sophisticated cuisine in South America and their delicious dishes include the fabulous Cebiche.

2 comments:

Dudado said...

My thoughts exactly. I even made a picture like that:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/in4ik/2471984089/in/set-72157604921639138/

RobertoViajero said...

Peru is big...and if you dont want to find "DISNEYLAND LIKE PLACES" you must go to the OFF THE BEATEN PATH.
As a European, you MUST know how tragic can be massive tourism is a local culture, now add poverty and lack of knowlegde you will get AGUAS CALIENTES.
But Macchu Picchu in itsself IS PRISTINE !!! and very well conserved for centuries to came!!!